Pendoley Environmental's ‘Digital Horizon Imaging’ (DHI) division will host a stand at the inaugural Sydney Astrofest event this Saturday 30th July at the University of Sydney. A sponsor and participant at Astrofest W.A. in March 2016, Pendoley Environmental's DHI booth will showcase its' trademarked Sky42TM technology, feature expert information on the latest in artificial light technology and host exciting interactive kids activities.
Where: Charles Perkins Centre, The University of Sydney
When: Saturday 30th July 2016 - 4pm to 9pm
What: ARC Centre of Excellence for All-sky Astrophysics (CAASTRO), in collaboration with other Australian research organisations, science outreach initiatives, astronomy societies and many others have designed an exciting and FREE evening of indoor and outdoor entertainment, suitable for all the family.
Come along! We’ll see you there.
The event includes:
- Night-sky telescope viewing;
- Nine awesome astronomy talks;
- Six sessions of ‘Capturing the Cosmos’ at the Planetarium (every 45 minutes from 4:15pm, gold coin donation);
- Expert interactive activities and demonstrations (that’s us!); and
- Competition to win a Celestron Telescope or Sydney Observatory Night Tour.
Other booths and activities:
- How Big, How Far, How Hot, How Old
- Pocket Solar System and star origami
- Glowstick ring toss
- Galaxy play dough and glitter bottles
- Make a telescope, make a contellation viewer
- Scratch paper and colouring in
- MWA dipole demonstration
Lions Club sausage sizzle - raising funds for The Starlight Foundation
Visit the Event page:
Download the program: